When you need to work with hundreds of thousands of addresses and contacts, you can use Azuga Routes Advanced Search Groups Add-On for effortlessly structuring, filtering, and utilizing all this data. In addition to reserved search fields, you can also create custom data filters.
This allows you to filter your addresses and contacts by virtually any type of custom data that accommodates the particular needs of your business or business model. All you need to do is to add one or multiple preferred custom data fields and values to any entry in your Address Book and then you can automatically filter through all addresses and contacts in your Address Book by these custom data fields and values.
To add custom data filters to your search groups:
1. Navigate to Address Book Map from the navigation menu.
2. To add custom search fields to your search groups, first, you need to add the corresponding custom data fields and values to any address or contact in your Address Book (Map or List). You can add custom data fields and values to addresses when adding the addresses from the map to your Address Book.
Alternatively, you can add custom data fields and values to the existing addresses or contacts when editing them.
3. When adding new or editing the existing addresses, to add custom data fields and values, first, go to the Location Details tab and then click on the Edit Custom Data button.
4. After that, add new or edit the existing custom data fields and values and then click on the “OK” button to save the changes.
Uploading spreadsheets with addresses and custom data fields and values on the Address Book Map
1. Navigate to File and then select Upload Addresses from the list.
2. After that, upload a spreadsheet with reserved attributes (i.e., Alias, Address, Cube, etc.) and one or multiple custom data columns into the system.
3. Once any type of custom data is imported or created in the system and attached to any address or contact in the Address Book, this custom data can be used in your search groups as the corresponding search fields and search values.
4. To use custom data as search fields and values, first, create a new rule in a particular search group. After that, you can select one of the custom data search fields and filter your addresses by the corresponding custom data value(s). All custom data search fields can be found in the Custom section of the search fields list.
In the example below, one or multiple entries in the Address Book have Size and Regular Customer” as custom data fields, as well as “M” and “Yes” as their custom data values. Thus, it is possible to use “Size” and “Regular Customer” as search fields, as well as “M” and “Yes” as their corresponding search values. The search group below displays on the map all addresses that meet both of the following conditions: “Size” equals “M” and “Regular Customer” equals “M.”