Azuga Routes route planning engine requires users to input their data into the system for processing it and outputting the most efficient and optimized routes. The route planner Excel import and spreadsheets import are the fastest and the most effective methods to get you started with route planning.
A spreadsheet file is made of organized rows and columns. Spreadsheets can be exported from other sources, or they can be created using Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, OpenOffice Calc, and other similar pieces of software. The Azuga Routes dynamic routing software currently supports CSV, XLS, and XLSX files for upload. For the most accurate results, we recommend using spreadsheets in CSV format.
Understanding and Using Spreadsheets
Formatting Spreadsheet Files – Route Planner Excel Import
The Azuga Routes route planner supports spreadsheet files containing addresses and the data associated with various fixed attributes that are assigned to the corresponding addresses. The Azuga Routes route optimization software also allows you to import custom data that can be added to the corresponding sections of the system.
Please note that Azuga Routes uploader does not support spreadsheet files containing macros, formulas or filters. If your file contains multiple sheets, the system will prompt you to select only one sheet for the upload.
For a spreadsheet to be successfully uploaded and processed, it must contain a header row and data rows. The header defines the type of information you are adding, while the corresponding data rows contain the actual information you input into the system.
Depending on the import information, there can be two categories of rows and associated columns:
1. Reserved attributes columns contain information that is processed by the system and automatically mapped to the corresponding attributes of the associated addresses. Reserved attributes can be used as headers. Please see the table of Azuga Routes reserved attributes in the Spreadsheet Glossary below;
2. Custom columns are the columns where you can include additional data that is not encompassed within the list of reserved attributes. Custom columns are processed by the system and added to the Custom Data sections of the associated addresses.
For the route planner Excel import, the only mandatory column is the Address column, where you should include: the street name and number, city, state, and zip code. Alternatively, you can only input the street name and number into the Address column, then enter separate columns for the city, state, and zip code. The address format may differ from one country to another, so make sure that you write it in a manner that’s specific to your region.
Uploading a Spreadsheet
To upload a spreadsheet, first, prepare the file in accordance with the requirements mentioned above. Please see the list of all available Azuga Routes reserved attributes in the Spreadsheet Glossary below.
When a spreadsheet is uploaded, Azuga Routes processes the data and displays it in the corresponding window. For the system to process the data automatically, select the Auto (attempt detection) option. When uploading a spreadsheet, you have to make sure that the file respects the following limits:
- Planning a single driver route: maximum 1,000 rows/addresses;
- Planning a multiple drivers route: maximum 1000 rows/addresses;
- To plan routes with up to 6,000 addresses per upload, contact our Customer Success Team.
- Uploading data to the Address book: maximum 50,000 rows / addresses (recommended: 1,000 rows).
Once the file is uploaded and processed, the imported data is added to the Order sections of the associated addresses/stops on the route.
Spreadsheet Samples – Route Planner Excel Import
Click on the attached links below to download sample spreadsheet files.