Departure Address or Depot is the address from which one or multiple routes start (Start Address). If the route is optimized with the Roundtrip optimization parameter, this route will start and end at the same Departure Address (Depot). Thus, depending on the specified optimization parameters, the same Departure Address can be a Departure Depot and a Return Depot at the same time.
To set up departure addresses when planning routes in the Azuga Routes web application:
1. First, go to Plan New Route from the navigation menu and select one of the preferred route data import methods: Interactive Map Editor, Copy-and-Paste, Upload a File, or Import Data.
2. Then, navigate to the Departure tab and input the preferred Depot address to manually specify which departure address you want your planned route(s) to start from.
3. Next, in the Add New Address window, you can add all the route addresses.
NOTE: The manually specified Depot address should not be displayed in this window.
4. In the Verify Addresses on Map window, you can make sure that each added and uploaded address is geocoded with high confidence (green dots).
NOTE: The manually specified Depot address will be displayed in the Verify Addresses on Map window as the first address and as a Depot icon on the map.
5. Once the route is planned, this route will start from the manually specified Depot (Departure address – first address on the route).
NOTE: If the route is optimized with the Roundtrip optimization parameter, this route will start and end at the same Departure Address (Depot). If you have planned multiple routes from a single address import using the Multiple Drivers Route optimization type, all planned routes will start from the same manually specified Departure Address (Depot).